Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hello again, old friend

I'm in need if confiding in someone and since that someone doesn't exist, I'm back here.

I wish I was blissfully ignorant. I wish I could have a conversation without reading into every word someone says like it's a clue. I'm 5 hours away from a 3 day weekend and all I can do is replay the words my co-worker conveniently used this morning, plus his absence yesterday, and a conversation from a month ago which has my inner Nancy Drew calling bluff to him being out because of a sick kid. Who gets over strep in one day? Surely not anyone I know.
My normal jokester office mate has been quite standoffish to me this morning and I can't escape the story I've built in my head from all of his breadcrumb clues and feel I'm treating him as though he knows what I'm thinking and that it's true. I need to escape the madness and hopefully all will be better come Monday but I can't help think that my story is more the truth than what he's feeding me.

No comments: