Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thank You 2009

It's been awhile since I've written anything for this blog. I don't even know if people read it. It's like an internet diary so it's more for me anyway.

I feel like I need to thank 2009. I haven't gone back but I'm pretty sure I wrote a blog the beginning of last year asking for the year to make me fearless. I'm not 100% there yet but I have grown leaps and bounds over what I was capable of in January of 2009. Notably, I moved out, moved in with a member of the male species, and bought a car. I'm still single but I don't own a cat so it's not too late for me, yet. I pretty much decided that I needed to be a grown up and I have no problem saying I'm there. Yes, I'm still very much immature in the personality department but that's going to take time. I think I just need to learn to shut up, too often I reflect on what I've said and tear myself apart about why I've said it. As far as doing things right, I pay my bills each month and try my best to save money to offset any frivolous spending I do. Most recently, I've decided that I can cook meat. After 4 months of eating vegetarian and pre-cooked meat dishes, I tried my hand at cooking meat and I can do it! Not a big deal for most but I was very excited about this. No if only it wasn't so expensive to not buy in bulk.

The whole living with a guy thing has made it a little easier to talk to guys. I don't know why that's such a problem for me. I'm one of the guys at home with Dad and Nick (shoot, I was Daddy's little girl), I grew up with more guy friends than girls, I only work with guys, and now I live with one. It shouldn't be as difficult as I make it but I do. I get all spastic and sound like a bumbling idiot and it's never them trying to start the conversation which puts me back into the line of thinking with "He's Just Not That Into You", which btw, has ruined my line of thinking when regarding relationships. Thanks crappy, overly star filled, chick flick movie that I should have never seen.

Back to thanking things, not blaming them. I also bought a car. It's not so much that I got a car. It's that I was fully able to get it myself. No co-signer, no down payment, no help from anyone. I asked for the loan and got it. That's got to show how responsible I've been... you know, outside of my thousands of dollars in student loans.

I was recently informed that my roommate is going to have to re-up the lease in May and was told he would still need a roommate if I wanted/needed to stay. That has taken a huge weight off of my shoulders. I had been stressing over how I was going to do it myself. In the future, I'll be able to but there's some uncertainty at work right now and I'm so glad that I'm not having to go sign a lease by myself right now. I really hope that things go the way I need them to go at work. We've been "taken over" by a local store by the same name (not going into the logistics of the auto dealer industry) and from my prospective as a lowly receptionist who does everything, I think it's a good thing. I just need State Farm to sign on with us.

So there's my thank you to 2009 and a small update on my life at the moment.

No comments: