Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Adventures a Plenty!

I've never been one to go out and about. I like being home. It's cheap, you don't have to look nice if you don't want to, you can be yourself, etc but here lately I've been running like crazy! That's typically how it works during hockey season. I give up so many other social activities to afford tickets so naturally, I make the most of each night.

Starting last Monday, I've not been at home without company a single day which is very unusual for me. Besides hockey games and the Keith Urban concert I've also gone to Chattown and Hendersonville.

Driving to and from Chatty on Sunday was an awesome mini get away with Jenn and Ella Gracey. I had a really good time driving up there and hanging out with them and can't wait to do it again. Clumpies had really great ice cream and male employees. Their WalMart was so clean and quiet and so not what it is here. She wouldn't stop singing that Blackeyed Peas song so I got "Candle on the Water" stuck in hers. All 3 of us wore our Preds players shirts and I'm sure we looked dorky but it was an awesome kind of dorky... and no, the Pred head is not the Titans symbol. BTW, I understand her missing living there but at the same time, I don't know if I could live there. I am a Nashville girl at heart. Always have been, always will be. I'm only 30 minutes from the city and I still don't feel close enough. Anyway, after making fun of the Titans losing, we stopped at Newk's and ate before they went on home. It was a really good day.

Monday, I spent the evening searching my old place for anything that would be acceptable to wear to a wedding on the lake in October. I think I've found something. I can't really afford to spend anything on one time wear clothes but I honestly don't have much of anything to wear. I did have one brown dress but it makes me look like I'm in my mid-30's instead of being 24.
Last night was Brit's shower. It was slightly awkward since I didn't know the other girls there. Hendersonville is a lot further than I thought it was too. I'm really happy for her and have no intention of letting her day be any more stressful than I imagine it already will be. Apparently, nobody else knew about the living arrangements as they stand thus far. Glad I didn't put my foot in my mouth since I'm notorious for doing that.

Tonight, I finally get to sit at home alone and watch a hockey game by myself (well, until around 8ish). I can say whatever I want, rewind back to whatever I want, text hot comments to whoever I want. It's gonna be a good night. :-)

No comments: