Friday, July 24, 2009

One is the loneliest number

Recently I've been doing quite a bit alone. I've seen a couple of movies alone, I've been going shopping alone, and I went to the Skate of the Union (Nick was there though he was lost in his "deep" text conversation with this little girl he likes). It's been okay but I like sharing experiences with people. Vegas, Cape Cod, and Foxwoods all royally sucked because I did them pretty much alone. There's nobody to reminisce with. I don't really think it's my thing. I like to tell stories but I'd rather have the people closest to me experiencing the same amazingness as me.

I feel like I'm stuck in the middle of a "friend break-up" and I don't like it. I can understand and sympathize with every side but I don't plan on writing anyone off. That's happened too many times in my life and I'd like to keep the friends that I have now. I consider them friends for life. For me, things will stay the same. I've always been closer to two of them over the other and I don't think that's going to change. It just sucks the way things have happened.

Switching gears (or smashing them to just before non-repairable)
If you didn't know, next week is the end of the month. Typically I dread this but I'm all for July being over. We've had cruddy business and my boss seems to spill all of our troubles to me without me asking. I'd honestly rather not know if there's nothing I can do to fix it. I'll be praying for a heard of deer to run across I-24 between exits 80 and 81A at rush hour every other day for awhile. It would help if they primarily wrecked Toyotas and Farm Bureau insurance carriers... or as I tell Jason to do daily, run across South Church naked.

Speaking of Jason... his dinner "with friends" was a complete disaster. Ten years difference isn't too bad if both parties are older but I'm not really wanting to date a 35 year old. No thanks.

No comments: